- Windshield Repair Parts and Supplies
- UV Curing Light for Windshield and Rock Chip Repair Curing-Light
Of every piece of equipment we've tried, the one we've tried the most (and frankly are still trying to improve) is the curing lights. A curing light is essentially a black light (UV light) that, when used on resin, causes it to harden. Without curing the resin, the repair does nothing.
We've tried lights with all sorts of variations: plugging in to car vs battery operated, suction vs no suction, cordless vs chord, large vs small.
We don't suggest this is the absolute best light, because there are ideas out there that need to be tested, but of all the lights we've used, the reasons we like this one are as follows:
- Portable (cordless): No chord makes it far less of a hassle to cure the resin. Grab it from your toolbox, place it over the break, and let it cure.
- Suctions to the windshield: No need to hold it for two minutes to cure. You can suction it to windshield and walk away. If you've ever used one without a suction, you'll know this is essential.
- Affordable: It's a very affordable light.
What we don't like:
- Durability: The one downside is if you drop it, it can break. Everything we have is of the most durable quality, except this light. If treated with a little care, you won't have any issues, but sometimes that doesn't always happen.
Overall, this is our preferred UV light.